This individual commenced her career in finance and accounting within an accounting firm, initially joining as an Audit Junior, deployed for one year in the tax team then back in to audit where she was independently leading her own audits. Qualified in 1997 and in 1998 decided that it was time for a to transition to industry.
An impressive background of working as a Finance Manager / Financial Controller within the SME business community (£2million – £40million). During this time this individual has played a pivot role in the organisation’s performance and growth strategy with experience of software implementations too. Has worked within private equity, VC, franchise, and owner-managed businesses. Has experience of consolidation reporting within the UK, Europe, and US.
Having worked within the SME space has often had responsibility that have been outside of finance, such as company liability insurance, HR and overseeing contracts – set up and management. Effective at people management and leadership and as such has gained experience of managing teams of up to 8 people.
- Monthly & quarterly reporting for Board meetings for internal and external stakeholders, including presentation as a guest speaker
- Annual budgeting with monthly & quarterly review
- Payroll and PAYE/PSA/P11d end of year returns
- Quarterly VAT returns
- Cashflow management and forecasting – multi-currency
- Year-end reconciliation and reporting
- Main point of contact with the Audit firm
- Preparation of the management accounts for a legal entity within the US – including payroll, state taxes
- Team management experience for teams up to 8 people
- System exposure – Sage, QuickBooks, advanced Excel