This individual commenced their career from the ground up, gaining valuable experience across the ledgers, initially as a Credit Controller which is when this individual wanted to be taken seriously in finance and accounting and as such started studying her AAT. After a few years working as a Credit Controller wanted a position that was representative of her studies and as such moved employer to work as an Accounts Assistant.
This individual admits that it took some time to complete her ACCA qualification, but this was something that she did independently from a financial, study & exam perspective. Achieving her ACCA qualification in 2021.
This individual went on to work within a public practice firm, working within their outsourcing team as a Management Accountant whilst overseeing the team of individuals that were putting together the accounts up until the trial balance point. Having gained 6 years’ experience of working within Public Practice decided to transition back to Industry which brings her to the current position.
Currently this individual is working within an FMCG industry responsible for producing and consolidation of 17 legal entities, producing full commentary and analysis.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and consolidation for multiple companies
- Purchase Ledger authorisation
- Inter-company postings and reconciliations
- Bank postings and reconciliations
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of quarterly VAT Returns for submission to HMRC
- Preparation of weekly cash flow forecast
- Preparation of annual budgets
- System exposure – Sage 50, Sage Payroll, Xero, Xero Payroll, Quickbooks, Salesforce, advanced Excel