Demonstrable background within FMCG, manufacturing and automotive industry. This individual commenced her finance & accounting career experience by working in Practice, which gave her a very solid understanding of the necessary foundation knowledge. Moving on from Practice worked within the automotive industry gaining exposure of working in both PLC, Franchise and Dealership environments, working with significant brands such as Lamborghini, Aston Martin and Bugatti. During this time this individual worked her way up from an Accounts Assistant to a Management Accountant.
In 2018 deciding that she wanted to gain additional exposure outside of the automotive industry, secured herself a fabulous opportunity working within a highly reputable retailer with revenue streams via ecommerce, retail stores and wholesale. Working for a leisure brand meant that there was unprecedented growth during Covid which provided a lot of positive challenges. This candidate was responsible for the UK retail sales side of the business ensuring full commentary on the management accounts, variance analysis and balance sheet reconciliations.
In this role she was responsible for EMEA, Australia and America.
- Produce weekly sales & margin reports and variance analysis with commentary for Retail, Ecommerce and Wholesale sectors of the business, deep diving into details to give meaning to numbers
- Produce weekly retail KPI reports for the senior management team
- Provide timely and accurate monthly management accounts information including analysis and commentary
- Oversee multi-currency bank reconciliations and Intercompany transactions
- Prepare and submit group UK VAT return through MTD process
- Prepare and submit annual PSA returns and monthly Intrastat returns
- Liaise with HMRC regarding VAT, PAYE, Corporation tax and liaise with international tax authorities
- Prepare and submit tax returns for EU countries and submit tax details for US and Canada
- Oversee stocktake validations of all stores and concessions and prepare stock reports.
- Interrogate stock adjustments, stock movements, write-offs and carry out monthly stock reconciliations
- Team management experience
- Review and improve existing processes for better results by initiating system and process improvements
- Act as the finance representative in implementing companywide new projects including:
- New entities/projects in China, Ireland, USA – test and approve setups in Business Central
- Stock Sync projects between warehouse and company systems to make sure stock levels are correct
- Assist in the finance system change from Sage to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Develop a format to check sales exceeding US Economic Nexus thresholds so that taxes are collected correctly
- System experience – Microsoft Dynamics, Sage, CBR, Adyen, Power BI, Jet Reports, Tagetik, Advanced Excel