Howett Thorpe are working exclusively with a local client and offer to the market an Office Administrator opportunity on a permanent, full time basis. You will be required to work 100% office based. The role is varied, challenging and rewarding. The hours are 8.30am – 5.30pm.
Office Administrator – About The Role
This role will suit a motivated and highly organised candidate with ideally 2/4 years experience in similar roles. The culture at this construction business is fast paced and at times highly pressured. The team are committed and successful. With growth planned this is an exciting time to join the organisation. Duties involve:
- Secretarial and organisational support.
- Assisting with email inbox, diary and telephones.
- Be the central point of contact for all site project team members.
- Document control of all incoming information and electronically file all site generated paperwork.
- Uploading and downloading drawings and liaising with architects and printing and filing of all drawings.
- Organise and maintain the filing systems at head office.
- Assisting with procurement and sub-contractor orders.
- Creation of operation and maintenance manuals for sites.
- Develop and implement new administrative systems, such as record management.
- Weekly reporting to management.
- Updating and monitoring Health and Safety files for all sites and head office.
- Other administration such as scanning, post, laminating, photocopying, minutes, ordering stationery, arranging couriers to site when required.
- Assisting with the phones at busy times.
- Organising travel and accommodation.
- Maintaining sub-contractors holiday calendar.
The successful Office Administrator will have:
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to relate well to staff of all levels including upper management and clients.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent IT skills – Microsoft office.
- Proven organisational skills.
- Ability to find solutions and to think ahead.
- Ability to manage a variety of priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to a fast paced environment.
- Good team player with the ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Understand the importance of confidentiality, tact and discretion.
- Excellent command of written and oral English is essential.
Office Administrator – Benefits
Free On-site parking