This dynamic multi-advisory professional services organisation in the heart of Guildford town centre has opportunity for a Part Time Support Administrator to join the team ( 21 hrs a week, 3 days 9am-5pm). Suitable candidates will have several years experience in an office administration role. This role is varied and diverse and will suit a flexible attitude and collaborative attitude to work.
Support Administrator (Part Time) – About The Role
- General reception duties.
- Answering incoming calls.
- Manage post.
- Document scanning, franking post.
- Booking meeting rooms & organising catering.
- Administration support to Partners.
- General typing (audio and copy), sending emails, and working with MS Office applications.
- Maintaining client databases.
- Office financial tasks, petty cash, stationery and any ad hoc requests as and when required.
- Ensuring the office environment and all general equipment is in working order.
- Maintaining office supplies and being the first point of contact to service providers.
- Assisting with marketing duties as required, to include maintaining the marketing databases, general circular letters to clients, the production of mail shots and E-shots, the organisation of seminars and networking events, including the preparation of appropriate materials for these events.
The successful Support Administrator (Part Time) will have:
- Excellent organisation skills.
- The ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
- Ability to consistently meet targets and objectives by identifying and prioritising workload.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills in dealing with clients and colleagues at all levels.
- The ability to work flexibly.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and use initiative to work efficiently on projects alone.
- The ability to remain calm under pressure and work to tight deadlines.
- The ability to demonstrate initiative to solve problems.
- Meticulous attention to detail to ensure accurate work.
- A confidence to approach external stakeholders/clients and prospective clients by telephone, sometimes speculatively.
- IT knowledge and skills – good working knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, Excel PowerPoint and databases; Formatting, mail-merge and formulae skills useful, but not essential as training will be given.
- Good level of general secretarial/office administration skills.
- Good level of copy typing and audio typing (min. 50 WPM).
Support Administrator (Part Time) – Benefits
Up to 24 days holiday + bank hols
Season ticket loan
Contributory pension scheme