A small, friendly independent accountancy practice are seeking a new team member to work with a portfolio of clients within this well-established firm due to growth.
Accounts Assistant / Accountant- About the Role
- Depending on your experience to date you will be responsible for the full scope of accounting for a range of clients from Sole traders and Partnerships to Limited companies.
- Producing monthly management accounts for a range of clients
- Maintaining sales ledgers and purchase ledgers, reconciling bank statements and producing management accounts as well as statutory accounts and preparation of financial statements for limited companies and partnerships and all aspects of bookkeeping
- Utilising various accounting packages prepare clients VAT returns, CIS returns, Personal and Corporation Tax returns.
- Preparation of company tax returns
- Preparation of self-assessment tax returns for both individuals and partnerships
- All aspects of bookkeeping
- Assist in the general running of the practice and GDPR and AML compliance matters.
- Attending client meetings and working with clients directly.
The successful Accounts Assistant will have:
- Previous experience within a similar role
- 2/3 year’s current experience within a practice environment
- ACCA studier or AAT 3 qualified studying level 4 (QBE will also be considered)
- Ability to build strong client relationships
- Knowledge of Sage/Xero accounting software (desirable)
- Strong communication skills; written and verbal
- Must have good attention to detail
- Ability to manage and prioritise workloads
Accounts Assistant – Benefits
Benefits include a great location & friendly team to work with and limited parking.