Our client is a locally based leading global organisation who are looking for an Accounts Payable Assistant to join their busy finance team in Alton.
This is a full-time role and is being offered on a 12 month fixed term contract basis to cover maternity leave. The company operate a hybrid working pattern and offer a wealth of other benefits including 24 days holiday plus your birthday and bank holidays and a 10% company bonus scheme.
This is a process driven role which will suit someone who has had at least 1 years’ experience in an Accounts Payable role working in a busy, high-volume environment and who would be available to start in January 2024.
Accounts Payable Assistant – Benefits
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays plus your birthday off
- Paid volunteer day
- 10% company bonus scheme
- Hybrid working
- Health care scheme
- 5% matched pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free parking
- Employee discount
- Life assurance
Accounts Payable Assistant – About the Role
In this role you will be reporting into the Accounts Payable and Receivable Manager, whilst working closely with the wider team. You will be responsible for processing invoices, payment runs and expenses whilst developing internal and external relationships.
- Handle a significant volume of vendor and overhead payments
- Provide assistance to both internal and external clients with invoice enquiries
- Manage the processing of expense claims and subsequent payments
- Raise purchase orders as needed
- Collaborate and communicate with staff, suppliers, auditors, and other relevant stakeholders
- Contribute to the month-end procedures as necessary
The successful Accounts Payable Assistant will:
- Have a minimum of 1 to 2 years of Accounts Payable experience
- Demonstrate a proactive attitude and a strong interest in advancing a career in Accounts
- Demonstrate analytical skills, along with excellent written and verbal communication
- Be a self-motivated individual capable of taking the initiative, whether working independently or as part of a team
- Display exceptional attention to detail and the ability to self-review work
- Have the capacity to quickly grasp, comprehend, and follow established processes
- Possess a solid proficiency and competency in using Microsoft Excel