Calling all Accounting and Finance Graduates looking for their first or second role in accountancy, I am looking for a bright personable, ambitious individual to join a dynamic team of accountants. They will offer you full study support to ensure you’re successful on your journey to becoming a chartered accountant in return for your hard work drive and dedication. This role will give you the opportunity to learn from some of the best accountants, using modern software & automation, in one of the fastest growing and exciting industries.
Junior Accountant/Trainee- About the Role
You will given the skills required to become a complete accountant, being able to work towards running a finance function independently.
You will assist the senior accountant with the month-end process for a portfolio of clients, working towards producing output to a perfect standard. On a daily basis tasks will include:
- Bookkeeping: using Xero and other financial software to efficiently deal with company transactions.
- Using Microsoft Excel to manipulate various data sources, to ensure they are recorded accurately in Xero.
- Using integrated third-party software to set up payments for review.
- Assisting with monthly reporting and performing monthly checks on the financial data, including analytical reviews.
- Preparation of monthly payroll and pension filings.
- Preparation of VAT returns within Xero.
- Liaising with HMRC and other third parties for general queries.
- Responding to client queries and assisting with ad hoc requests.
The successful Junior Accountant /Trainee will have /be
- A recent graduate or already part qualified ACCA or ACA.
- Ideally you will have already gained some practical accounting skills in addition to your academic qualification.
- Is extremely hungry to learn – the road to becoming chartered is long but rewarding.
- Extremely receptive to feedback.
- Have a huge amount of pride in the work you produce.
- A strong emphasis on customer service.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work with autonomy, with a curious mind to look for answers.
- Process driven and has a desire to challenge and improve existing processes.
- Ambition to become a chartered accountant.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel skills (pivot tables, VLOOKUP’s, keyboard shortcuts).
Junior Accountant /Trainee – Benefits
Benefits include opportunities for remote working with full IT and office support given, discretionary company bonus, full ACA or ACCA training package including study leave