Opportunity for a fully qualified or almost qualified accountant who is keen to progress to join a reputable, professional, and growing team of Accountants and Business Advisors based in superb modern spacious offices on the outskirts of Guildford.
Accounts & Audit Senior – About the Role
Primarily you will lead accounts assignments liaising with the appropriate Senior Manager or Partner. The client base is varied including companies from a variety of sectors, of all sizes from start-ups to established companies with turnovers in the tens of millions. This role will primarily be focused on accounts assignments although you may also be required to engage in audit processes.
As the Accounts & Audit Senior you will:
- Preparation and audit of statutory accounts. (The role will be a mixed audit & accounting role.)
- Preparation of accounts for partnerships and sole traders.
- Liaise with the manager and client to plan and complete accounts assignments
- Lead and coach other members of the team
- Preparing statutory financial statements from client data ensuring compliance with prescribed legislation and standards
- Plan a risk-based audit approach and design audit tests when required
- Use good judgment to highlight concerns and high-level risk to the Partner/Manager
- In time, take responsibility for planning and finalisation of assignments for Partner/Manager review
- Carry out appropriate work to meet audit objectives
- Manage and control job budgets
- Finalise files for Managers and Partners to review
- Clear review points and correspond with clients
The successful Accounts & Audit Senior will be:
- Recently qualified ACA/ACCA (or exam qualified) or Part Qualified
- Strong technical skills and experience of FRS102 and FRS102a reporting
- Ideally some recent audit experience
- Experience of Paperless Accounting and Audit Software
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong internal and external relationships.
- A team player who is also comfortable leading a team
- Commercially astute and committed to developing the business.
- Flexible and proactive approach.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential together with the ability to form strong client relationships.
- Excellent IT skills
Accounts & Audit Senior – Benefits
Excellent benefits package on offer including flexible agile working paterns, free parking, and genuine opportunities for career progression.