A friendly well established general practice are looking for a qualified all-rounder to join them and take responsibility for a portfolio of 100 – 150 clients that will include sole traders, partnerships and limited companies for their accounting and taxation needs.
Accountant – About the Role
Deliver and take responsibility for a full range of Accounting and Tax services to clients. More specifically you will be responsible for:
- Preparation, of accounts for a range of companies, sole traders, partnerships, and agreement of accounts with the clients.
- Preparation and submission of corporation tax returns for companies.
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns and working with making tax digital processes.
- Assisting and supporting clients where necessary with cloud accounting.
- Assisting with the preparation of personal tax returns.
- Liaising and effectively communicating with other staff members, clients and HMRC.
- Assisting with the payroll / CIS for our clients.
- Undertaking meetings with new and existing clients to develop and maintain excellent working relationships and develop future business.
- Assistance with planning and delivering audits.
The successful Accountant will have
- You will be a qualified accountant with recent experience of operating in a practice environment in the UK.
- The individual will be an all-rounder with experience in the delivery of accounting and corporate and personal tax services.
- Knowledge of IRIS accounting software would be useful.
- A good working knowledge of personal taxation.
- Committed to meet all deadlines including the ability to work on multiple clients simultaneously.
- Build and maintain strong and healthy relationships with clients.
- Keep up to date with developments in accounting and taxation.
- Co-ordinate and work closely with accounting staff and other team members.
- Exposure to audit work would be an advantage.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines is essential.
Accountant – Benefits
Benefits include a town centre location and friendly team, 20 days holiday plus Bank holidays