Opportunity for a qualified accountant (or almost qualified) with experience in public practice to join a great accountancy practice based in Epsom Surrey and manage a portfolio of clients from a variety of industries. This is a newly created role due to growth.
Accountant/ Senior Accountant – About the Role
Deliver and take responsibility for a full range of Accounting and Tax services to clients. More specifically you will be responsible for:
- Preparation, of accounts for a range of companies, sole traders, partnerships, and agreement of accounts with the clients.
- Preparation of quarterly management accounts.
- Preparation and submission of corporation tax returns for companies.
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns and working with making tax digital processes.
- Assisting and supporting clients where necessary with cloud accounting.
- Assisting with the preparation of personal tax returns.
- Liaising and effectively communicating with other staff members, clients and HMRC.
- Undertaking meetings with new and existing clients to develop and maintain excellent working relationships and develop future business.
The successful Accountant/ Senior Accountant will be
- Qualified Accountant with substantial practice exposure or part qualified with a minimum of 3 years’ experience.
- Experience of preparation of management accounts would be an advantage
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Ability to train and develop junior team members
Accountant/ Senior Accountant Benefits
25 days holiday plus bank holidays, bonus of up to 10%, hybrid working ( 3/2 office to remote)