A small, busy Practice in Woking Town centre is looking to recruit an Assistant Accountant / Bookkeeper due to increased workload, this role could suit you if you are looking to develop your bookkeeping skills within a friendly environment.
Assistant Accountant / Bookkeeper – About the Role
- Assist in the preparation of financial accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies, groups, charities and academies
- Posting journals of accruals, prepayments, depreciation.
- Maintenance of client’s accounting records and reconciliations including bookkeeping, processing of client data and dealing with queries.
- Processing VAT returns understanding VAT requirements, concepts and calculations
- Occasionally working at clients’ premises on their computer systems.
- Setting up new clients on the bookkeeping system and registering VAT schemes with HMRC
The successful Assistant Accountant/ Bookkeeper will have:
- Part qualified ATT from level 2 to 4
- Minimum 2 years’ bookkeeping experience in an accountancy practice or on multiple accounts
- Good level of knowledge of accounting standards essential
- Experience Accounts Production, Xero & other software packages desirable
- Knowledge of VAT
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to work closely with clients and deal with client queries
- Good IT knowledge and skills, particularly Excel
Assistant Accountant / Bookkeeper – Benefits include:
Town Centre location, a subsidised parking permit and further training and support provided if required.