We are delighted to be working with this modern accounting practice based on the outskirts of Guildford. Specialising in accounting, tax, and business solutions for ambitious owner-managed businesses. The various departments work closely together to form a close-knit team and to provide the best service possible to their clients.
Our client combines “big firm” thinking with the flexibility and dynamism of being a smaller, independent firm. Employees are encouraged to challenge the status quo and are rewarded with excellent career development and progression.
Accounts & Audit Senior – Benefits
- Competitive salary with excellent career development and progression opportunities
- Hybrid and flexible working
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Accounts & Audit Senior – About the Role
As a senior member of the audit and accounts team, you will work closely with a wide range of clients to help them realise their business and personal ambitions. Taking a collaborative approach with your clients as they seek advice when making key business decisions and planning strategies. Business advice is a key part of the role, and this is a great opportunity to develop and learn the skillset required.
You will work closely with managers and partners but also help develop the junior members of the team; you will get plenty of opportunity to develop your leadership skills.
The role is a mix of audit and accounts with the focus being on the accounting side; you will be expected to assist with audits during the busy periods.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of statutory accounts
- Planning, budgeting, and finalising audit files and managing the audit process in a timely manner
- Work as part of a team to meet all deadlines and ensure that client expectations are exceeded
- Delegating and overseeing the work of the more junior members of the team
- Help develop and mentor trainees
- Identifying potential areas of cost saving or improvements for clients by challenging existing working methodology
- Provide support to managers and partners on their portfolios
The successful Accounts & Audit Senior will have:
- Qualified with either ACA or ACCA
- Strong external audit experience
- Strong working knowledge of Xero, QuickBooks and Iris
- Good analytical skills and to be able to adopt a commercial approach to assignments
- Confident and excellent communication skills, written, verbally and in person
- Be proactive and determined