Well established large independent Practice with an excellent long-standing reputation in the local area are searching for a candidate trained in Public Practice with audit exposure.
Audit and Accounts Senior- About the Role
As a qualified accountant and auditor you will take part in the smooth running of audits ( approx. 80 / 20% split) ; working directly with the clients under Manager supervision. You will also supervise the audit processes to ensure our audits are of high quality.
As the Audit and Accounts Senior you will:
- Be responsible for the reparation of statutory accounts, management accounts and cash flows to comply with legislative requirements.
- Assist in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment for manager or partner review, seeking input for areas of concern and judgement.
- Leading numerous audits and overseeing work of juniors on these audits.
- VAT returns and accounts preparation for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies of varying sizes.
- Completion of tax computations for limited companies and individuals.
- Produce work for the Manager and/or Partner review clearly highlighting risk matters and providing potential solutions to issues identified
- Active engagement with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of their business and ensure the efficient execution of the audit
- Manage and control job budgets
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
The successful Qualified Accountant will have:
- Previous Public Practice experience including a minimum of 18 months audit exposure
- Qualified ACA or ACCA
- Experience supervising and coaching junior members of staff on site
- Knowledge of FRS 102 and FRS 102 1a.
- Knowledge of a range of accounting packages (Sage, Xero, QuickBooks, Kashflow etc…)
Qualified Accountant – Benefits
Private Medical Insurance
Free car parking
Flexible benefits package (with salary sacrifice)