Opportunity for a recently qualified Audit Senior or Accounts Senior to join a top 10 firm in a non-audit capacity to continue their career progression within a fast-growing team. This is a fantastic chance to take your place in accountancy and business advisory firm to hone your financial reporting skills and help to drive the development of the Financial Reporting team.
Financial Reporting is a specialist team, independent from audit. Concentrating on financial reporting including preparation of compilation reports, complex financial statements and consolidations under FRS 102 as well as providing support to clients with auditor liaison, ad hoc technical queries, for example, accounting for mergers, demergers, and technical training
Financial Reporting Senior – About the Role
As an Financial reporting senior you will take responsibility for running assignments under manager supervision. You will take an active role in identifying potential issues and communicating the client’s needs and potential solutions to the managers. In addition to client facing work you will also work to provide support to the management team on departmental issues including coaching and feedback to more junior members of staff, ensuring compliance with the stream’s policies and procedures and the firm’s risk management procedures. Key skills: Confident communicator, team player and able to research and resolve technical challenges. Key responsibilities
- Prepares complex statutory financial statements including consolidated financial statements and review of disclosures under a range of accounting frameworks including FRS 102 for manager and partner review.
- Ensure each client’s company accounts are filed within the statutory timelines
- Good understanding of accountancy software packages and other accounting solutions.
- Completing projects within agreed timescales and raising issues with the manager in a timely manner.
- Identifies potential technical queries and challenges and offers potential solutions to discuss with managers/technical departments.
- Ensure that the firm’s risk management and quality control procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Contribute to the preparation of fee quotes for new work, bid documents and bid presentations as required by management.
- Manage budgets for client work and have a thorough understanding of the firms billing procedures, including charge out rates, budgeting and calculation of recovery rates.
- Identify and recognise business and sales opportunities with new clients, and inform the management team as appropriate.
- Assist in the development and delivery of training of junior staff members.
The successful Financial Reporting senior will have:
- Qualified ACCA, ACA, CA or equivalent.
- Experience in a senior role, including delivering statutory accounts preparation and audit services to large businesses ideally from a top 20 practice environment.
- Excellent working knowledge of FRS 102 and related financial reporting requirements as well as previous experience preparing statutory accounts, consolidations and cash flows.
- Preparation of consolidations from source documentation, including large complex groups with overseas operations
- Ability to prioritise and plan effectively, adopting a logical and methodical approach in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with large complex group structures and consolidation of these
- Experience in liaising with auditors
Financial Reporting Senior – Benefits
Excellent flexible employee benefits scheme, hybrid working patterns