As the Tax Senior you will assist the Tax Manager with the effective management of a mixed portfolio of personal (and some business) tax clients engaging in both compliance and advisory work within a friendly well established Chartered Accountancy firm.
Personal Tax Senior – About the Role
- To manage the tax compliance matters of a varied portfolio of clients. The portfolio currently comprises 200 – 250 clients, the majority of which are personal tax clients including directors and high net worth individuals and some partnerships whose tax affairs are of varying complexity.
- To ensure during the course of the tax year that all statutory tax returns are completed and filed on time, are accurate and in keeping with best practice, and that all follow up action is anticipated, planned and implemented. To ensure that clients are kept informed about their obligations and deadlines and that they are kept up to date with any relevant changes in legislation or best practice.
- To maintain clear and structured compliance files, and provide completed returns/letter along with relevant review points to appropriate partner/Tax
Manager for review before despatch.
- To organise the effective time management of own workload, planning and prioritising, and keeping the Senior Tax Manager/Tax Partner informed of any anticipated bottlenecks or problems with meeting deadlines.
- To build rapport and maintain regular contact with clients by telephone, email, letter and in person
- To keep up to date on technical matters and identifying areas/upcoming changes which may be relevant and liaising with Tax Partner to ensure feedback is communicated across all three offices.
- To identify and action (with support of partner) opportunities for tax planning.
- To undertake any ad hoc projects as requested by the partners.
The successful Tax Senior will have:
The Tax Senior needs to be an experienced and capable individual with a broad range of tax experience gained ideally within a practice environment. This experience should include in-depth exposure to varied compliance work. A tax qualification/relevant experience is ideally required. An understanding of accountancy is a useful addition.
The Tax Senior must have strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to plan, anticipate bottlenecks in the workflow, cope with conflicting demands and priorities, and to know when to refer problems to the Senior Tax Manager/Tax Partner. He/she needs to have a very good eye for detail, be methodical and take pride in producing neat, clear and accurate work
The Tax Senior must have strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to plan. You will also have excellent communications skills with the ability to convey technical information clearly to clients in a way that gives confidence to them that their tax affairs are being managed professionally, competently, and efficiently.
Tax Senior – Benefits
Excellent benefits package available, this role could be full of part time