Opportunity for a proven Senior Manager to join a top 10 firm. This is a fantastic chance to take your place in accountancy and business advisory firm within the Outsourcing Team.
Financial Reporting is a specialist team, independent from audit. In this role you will help clients as they grow and help develop services and your team, working closely with the leadership team and others to support clients as they change and adapt. Due to the nature of the client base all the team are expected to offer practical support and advice.
Senior Business Manager – Outsourcing – About the Role
- Working on a large variety of clients largely within the SME space. You will:
- Manage your own portfolio of clients, and discuss business issues with them regularly
- Help win and on-board new clients, ensuring their requirements are delivered
- Manage quality and risk with your own clients, but also assist, design and develop with processes and procedures across the department working with the wider management team
- Confidently acts as a major point of contact within the firm for the client together with the partner. Including anticipating clients’ needs and requests, keeping clients informed of progress in all aspects of the service provided and maintaining regular contact with the client
- Be aware of wider business issues, and engage in discussion with clients to help challenge their plans and identify practical solutions to assist them.
- Review monthly and annual financial information, ensuring accuracy and also delivering insights to help business owners make decisions
- Review statutory accounts and disclosures under UK GAAP and other relevant accounting frameworks.
- Collaborate with clients and targets to craft compelling and integrated solutions.
- Periodically review solutions for clients to determine if they are still appropriate for the current state of their business including actively engaging to explore how our ecosystem of cloud accounting software.
- Help clients with technical queries, liaising with other internal teams, including VAT, corporate tax and other advisory teams.
- Have knowledge and ability to use various accounting software packages including Xero.
- Have knowledge of various accounting apps designed to simplify processes and deliver insight and feedback.
The successful Senior Business manager will have:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent) or equivalent experience
- Strong financial reporting knowledge
- In depth knowledge of financial reporting and accounting functions
- Relevant experience of managing a team of staff is essential
- Broad taxation knowledge complimented by commercial background is essential
- Excellent understanding of ecosystem of cloud accounting software and ad-ons and can articulate the purpose and value of appropriate systems to clients
- Understands the rules and regulations of doing business in the UK
- Good understanding of business controls and month/year end controls
- Excellent working knowledge of outsourcing and bookkeeping on a monthly basis.
- Working knowledge of risk management processes within an accounting firm
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Competent in the use of Caseware or other relevant accounts production software
- Experience of working in an advisory capacity with clients
Senior Business Manager – Outsourcing –Benefits
Excellent flexible employee benefits scheme, hybrid working patterns.