Are you a finalist or recently qualified ACA or ACCA auditor keen to join a successful growing audit team? This is your chance to flourish as an Audit Senior in a newly created role with excellent career growth in a local office of a large National accountancy firm.
Audit Senior – About the Role
Primarily you will lead audit and accounts assignments liaising with the appropriate Senior Manager or Partner. The client base is varied including clients in a number of sectors including some Group audits. You will assist the Managers in execution of audit field work and audit file completion and to carry out Accounts preparation and to manage and allocate work to audit trainees. The split with be audit 80% and accounts 20%.
The successful Audit Senior you will:
- Liaise with the manager and clients to plan assignments
- Lead and coach other members of the team
- Plan a risk-based audit approach and design audit tests
- Carry out appropriate work to meet audit objectives
- Manage and control job budgets
- Finalise files for Managers and Partners to review
- Clear review points and correspond with clients
The successful Audit Senior will have:
- Recently qualified ACA/ACCA (or exam qualified) with a minimum of 3 years’ experience gained in the UK (you may be considered if you have a couple of exams to pass)
- Experience of OMB/SME private company audits: planning, budget preparation, identifying key risks, developing an audit plan, executing the audit on site
- Knowledge of and experience of current auditing standards and approaches: analytical review, documenting systems and controls, sampling techniques
- Experience preparing audit and accounts files using an electronic working paper system such as Caseware
- Significant prior experience of statutory company accounts preparation under UK GAAP, and also charities and LLPs
- Experience of preparing and auditing consolidated accounts and component auditor issues
- Leadership experience –experience supervising teams on-site and reviewing their work
- Experience of preparing budgets and monitoring actual time against budget
- Strong technical skills and experience of UK GAAP, FRS102 reporting
- Experience of Paperless Audit Software
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong internal and external relationships.
- A team player who is also comfortable leading a team
- Commercially astute and committed to developing the business.
- Flexible and proactive approach.
Audit Senior Benefits
Excellent employee benefits and free parking