Award winning, leading firm of accountants with a strong UK and International presence and an extremely diverse client base requires a recently qualified (ACA/ACCA) Auditor to join their team in a supervisory capacity.
Audit Team Leader – About the Role
Our client is based in modern offices, with excellent on-site facilities and parking. They have a client portfolio that includes: Business Services, Property, Engineering, Charities, LLP’s, Financial Institutions, Investment Houses and many HNW clients with complex Trust Funds.
The Partners have the varied backgrounds including Top 4, Top Tier and smaller boutique firms as well as those who trained with the Firm. The Practice prides itself on their high level of technical expertise and strive to develop real relationships with their clients whether they are smaller entrepreneurial businesses or the UK subsidiary of a large international business or even a niche charity.
This firm is interested in recruiting an ambitious Audit Senior or Assistant Manager who is experienced in leading audits and has ideally worked for a Top Tier Firm and now is seeking a more varied portfolio with career progression. An ideal candidate would be qualified with a few years post qualification practice experience, but an Almost qualified candidate may be considered.
Reporting to the Audit Managers and Directors you will be comfortable auditing clients with a turnover in excess of £50 million. You will enjoy a mixed role, including supervising junior team members and be able to demonstrate excellent communication and time management skills. You will also have the opportunity to be involved in ad hoc project work. Key features of the role include:
- Liaising closely with managers to undertake audit risk assessments and audit planning
- Supporting the managers to deliver cost effective audits
- Site visits to assess the progress of audits and provide guidance and support to on-site staff
- Extensive liaising with clients throughout the audit processes of planning, fieldwork and completion
- Completion of audit file reviews and supporting junior staff to clear review points
- Involvement in ACA students’ training and development and staff review process
In addition, ASG supports the Transactions Support Group of the Corporate Services Department. The successful candidate has the opportunity to get involved with one off special projects including:
- Preparation of statutory financial statements for big 4 firm’s audit clients
- Acquisition and disposal due diligence exercises
- Review and documentation of internal control procedures and systems
The successful Audit Team Leader will be:
- Recently qualified or experienced ACAs or ACCAs
- Excellent technical skills
- Varied UK based statutory audit and accounts preparation experience
- A strong and up-to-date knowledge of FRS 102 & IFRS and ISAs
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- A team approach to working and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to delegate to and supervise junior staff
- Ability to work under pressure to a high standard
- Good IT skills and receptive to technology changes
Audit Team Leader – Benefits
A competitive salary is offered plus an excellent benefits package which includes car parking, private health insurance, pension with good on-site facilities.